Wednesday, May 1, 2013

New listings and why this is fun

I decided to reopen my Etsy shop back in November.  I was pumped.  When I get really excited about something, I tend to over-verbalize.  The main recipient of this verbal barrage is my patient husband.  Poor guy, he probably had to listen to my spiel of shop vision six to seven times. After I tell him the same thing a few times, it becomes a joke, and then I'll tell him three more times just for kicks.  I think it's his favorite game.

But then we got pregnant.  All-day nausea put the Etsy reopen on hold.  There were some days I didn't think I would ever care about decorating or beautiful things again.  For three months, the only home decor essentials to me were a) the couch and b) the toilet.  Over-sharing?

I finally got my groove back.  After cleaning the house and eating copious amounts of ice-cream (uh, eating for two), I realized that I did still love beauty!  I did still want my home to be peaceful and lovely and warm and welcoming!  Oh, and I did still want to reopen my Etsy shop!

So five months after the dream's inception, here we are.

I love this project because it is enjoyable on every level to me. (Except for the financial records - which - get this - Aaron takes care of and loves!  Isn't he strange??)  I love putting products together, mixing and matching little vintage treasures until I land on the right combination.  I love styling for the photographs.  I love wrapping things up with pretty paper and baker's twine when I make a sale.

So hop on over the shop and take a look.  Here are two new things I listed tonight:  (Click directly on picture to see the item.)



Antique wooden cheese box with tiny juice glasses lined up inside


A vignette for the seamstress - vintage thread and measuring tape in a dainty bowl

One last thing.  Please know that my greatest hope in this whole gig is not that you buy something.  (That is a great feeling, for sure!)  If you visit the shop and walk away with some fresh inspiration,  amazing!  If you get a new idea for arranging some stuff you already have, awesome!  Because, you know, if we were real life friends, that's what I'd want to do with you.  I'd have you over for coffee, and together, we'd over-verbalize about all our great home ideas.  It'd give my sweet husband a little break.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment